Supported Liquid Extraction (SLE) is a very efficient and economical sample preparation methodology. Extracting analytes from aqueous samples is achieved with a simple two-step protocol, i.e., loading and elution.In SLE, porous diatomaceous earth with high surface area and low chemical activity is packed as stationary support for liquid-liquid partition. While loading a sample, the aqueous sample solution passes through diatomaceous earth beads, allowed to adsorb via capillary action, forming a thin membrane. Then, a small volume of organic solvent percolates and produces an aqueous-organic interface. Because the mass transfer occurs in extreme short paths, analytes can partition very efficiently between the two phases.
- High recoveries, more reproducible
- Simplified protocols, less time-cosuming
- No need to vigorous shaking, no emulsion formation
- Using less amount of organic solvents, reducing cost
- Easy to automation and parallel manipulation
SLE is widely used in food safety, environmental protection, clinical diagnosis, forensic science and material inspection. For example:
- Analysis of drugs and drug metabolites in biological fluids, such as antidepressant sertraline and anti-inflammatory drug ibuprofen
- Determination of parabens in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and foodstuffs.
SLE SPE CARTRIDGES
Welcome to New Impact Technologies. In order for us to meet your needs as precisely as possible, please call or email us directly. Our sales represents will reply you by phone or by email as soon as possible. Thanks again for your interest in our products.
Contacts ：New Impact Technologies